DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

SSL VPN between Vigor 2960 and and iOS device

• azzola
  • Topic Author
More
03 Nov 2012 11:56 #1 by azzola
Hi, i'm new to this forum (also i apologize for my probably bad english) and trying to grow my network knowledge for business and for passion, i'm buying a new Vigor 2960 due to its built in features (the main reason for this and not for a lower end unit was SSL VPN and VPN trunking failover and load balancing over 2 WAN, i have 2 DSL lines to use and a USB key as last chance not to lose connecion).
In these days here national mobile internet carriers are starting to filter even more services, first of all voip, and now on the main apn also ports like 1723 (personally tested), after saying this is unacceptable =S i would know if there is a way now (or if it is planned) to connect from devices like Android but mainly iOS using SSL VPN, i just saw competitors like cisco, juniper etc developed app that allow the SSL tunnel for VPN but i didn't find (at first sight) nothing similar for draytek (or may be there is a compatible app that can instance a SSL tunnel to use).

i hope in a positive answer ^^

thanks in advance
Cristian

2960 + many AP800

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ghostworks
  • User
  • User
More
07 Nov 2012 18:01 #2 by ghostworks
Replied by ghostworks on topic Re: SSL VPN between Vigor 2960 and and iOS device
I've got the 3900, I haven't got that far just but have tried the SSLVPN proxy , i'm waiting to sort all the other issues first like load balancing of the 3 WAN's and the next firmware should introduce 3G wan via the usb.

as far as i know the 2960 has just had a new firmware released 1.0.5.1 that sorts a few issues including some VPN , which hopefully will be the same for the 3900 soon

• azzola
  • Topic Author
More
24 Nov 2012 13:18 #3 by azzola
hi Ghost, just arrived my new 2960, by now i don't have enaugh time to explore its features unitil next week but i have already enabled the dual WAN, the PPTP VPN to connect outside with my iOS devices and the WOL over internet (i notice i finally can have magic packets forwarded from outside to lan through ip-mac binding and ff:ff:... mac broadcast).
I started with 1.0.5.1 fw so i didn't faced previous issues, however load balancing seems to works (at first instance at least, i have to test deeply how and how well) even if, despite the hundred pages guide, i don't find so well explained the eatures of every section of the fw (example the weight value in load balance... how does it works in detail? for now i set 10 and 10 on wan 1 & 2 to be sure to use both lines but if i want to prioritize one of them how does it works?) .

Sorry but i'm new to this kind of router, i know in teory a puzzle of possibilities but now i'm trying them practically =)

EDIT: enabling Load balancing on 2 WAN i started having MANY troubles! my devices, first of all wifi connected got crazy, i had to reboot with factory config and without load balance to get back network online! as i can i investigate but at first sight this firmware seems to me VERY BUGGY!

2960 + many AP800