Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Local Internet +VPN

• nrkpai
  • Topic Author
More
24 Dec 2012 11:52 #1 by nrkpai
Local Internet +VPN was created by nrkpai
Dear Sir,

I bought Vigor 2820n modem router with high expectation, but now I regret buying it, because it is not serving my purpose.

When I bought it, I wanted to use for local internet and VPN connection. My setup was to create two SSID - one say A restricting usage of VPN connection by selecting "ISOLATE VPN" and another one B to allow usage of VPN.

IN my VPN Dial out connection setup, i have selected "Change default route to this VPN Tunnel".

Now, even my SSID A is passing through VPN inspite of selecting "Isolate VPN". When I contact Draytek support, he says it only works with Dial in set up. I fail to understand this logic, as it is clearing written on the router that it is for Dial in and Lan to Lan VPN. So I am being fooled.

Another issue is I am not able to browse my webpages. It simply says Internet explorer cannot display your web page.

So the Draytek support asked me to remove "Change default route to this VPN Tunnel". I fail to understand why the company gives options that do not work at all.

I am trying to find a way to get rid of this router unless someone really help me solving my issues.

Regards.,
Rama

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.