DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Multiple VPN pass through Sessions using PPTP

• kevinm@sigmavs.com
  • Topic Author
More
04 Feb 2013 11:49 #1 by kevinm@sigmavs.com
Multiple VPN pass through Sessions using PPTP was created by kevinm@sigmavs.com
Hello to the Forum, I am new to the site having just installed two Vigor 2850VN's

I'd like to ask if anyone can help as we have set up the VPN pass through to a SBS2003 server but can only get one simultaneous VPN connection active. When other users try to dial in they get the 720 error message.

To do this we disabled the "Enable PPTP VPN Service" in "Remote Access Control Setup"
in NAT we have enabled Open ports to the SBS2003 server on using TCP to port 1723

We can get one session through ok but not a second.

Can anyone think what we are omitting to do?

Many Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sicon
  • User
  • User
More
05 Feb 2013 17:19 #2 by sicon
Hi
that should be it,
Disbale PPTP on the VPN Server Management and then open the port to the IP Address on the 2003 server. I take it that's Static?
Is your RAS on the 2003 server configured correctly?

• kevinm@sigmavs.com
  • Topic Author
More
05 Feb 2013 18:48 #3 by kevinm@sigmavs.com
Replied by kevinm@sigmavs.com on topic Re: Multiple VPN pass through Sessions using PPTP
Thanks Sicon for the response,

We checked the server which had been working fine for 5 years, until the old Netgear router blew up last friday.

We found the DHCP service was stopped and the RRAS and the DHCP would not start. Disabled the DHCP Relay on the new Draytek which allowed the DHCP service on the server to start. Forgot to do that

All is working now with DHCP on the server, but not looking forward to doing all again next week when we move office and migrate to 2008 server.

Many thanks

Kev