DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

How many VPN tunnels on a single dial-in profile

More
15 Mar 2013 10:59 #1 by jon-b
I'm setting up a Vigor 2820n for IPSec VPN connections. ('Pure' IPSec, not L2TP over IPSec.) The intention being to use Peer ID (under the 'specify remote node' option) to identify which dial-in user account - and hence which pre-shared key - should be used.

Can a single Dial-in User account support multiple simultaneous VPN tunnels? And if so, how many?

Or does each Dial-in User account only support a single VPN tunnel (i.e. I need a separate dial-in account for every workstation that will connect)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2013 13:34 #2 by jon-b
Received a helpful reply from Draytek support (rare these days to find a support team capable of providing technical answers)!

I'll answer you question, but let me explain the IPSec dial-in VPN settings you might use.

If you want, only 1 VPN account to be used, that can support up to
32 simultaneous VPN connection (router's limitation).

You need to:
- specify the Pre-Shared Key for everyone (under VPN and Remote Access -- IPSec General Setup);
- enable the VPN profile (under VPN and Remote Access -- Remote Dial-in User) and set for IPSec (press OK to save the settings).

If you would like to use aggressive mode (using Peer ID) that ID needs to be individual for each dial-in client.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.