DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Guidance Please on VPN routing by client IP Range

• dgarratt
  • Topic Author
More
26 Mar 2013 11:38 #1 by dgarratt
I have a 2820 which is working fine. I have even setup a Lan to Lan VPN which works fine.

I would however like to go one step further.

Assuming that the Lan to Lan VPN is always on

I would like only local lan IP's in a certain range - let say IP Addresses 192.168.1.200 to 192.168.240 to route ALL their (Non LAN) traffic over the Lan to Lan connection.

Any other Local IP Address needs to go via the normal (non VPN route).

The 200 to 240 address range is for illustration purposes only.

My lan IP's fall in the range 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.255

I'm thinking it might be something to do with the "more" section of the vpn connection - but I''m not sure.

Thanks

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2013 14:27 #2 by voodle
with the 2820 it's all or nothing, if you set up a vpn as default route, all traffic goes over it without exception.
they have changed this on 2830 with a beta firmware that I've got where you can use the load balance policy to select which local IPs would use the VPN, which is handy!

• dgarratt
  • Topic Author
More
29 Apr 2013 21:08 #3 by dgarratt
Would the new 2960 be able to do this ?

More
04 Nov 2013 21:58 #4 by irrelevant
I've a 2820 which I would also like to do this on ... load balance works for the two WANs we have, but I need some traffic to go via a VPN - there are too many target ranges to add them all individually in the VPN setup, and since I'm happy for the particular clients to have all their traffic routed via the VPN, it would seem easiest to do it by ip range. Is there any way to submit a feature request or is the 2820 too obsolete now?

More
05 Nov 2013 20:56 #5 by voodle

irrelevant wrote: I've a 2820 which I would also like to do this on ... load balance works for the two WANs we have, but I need some traffic to go via a VPN - there are too many target ranges to add them all individually in the VPN setup, and since I'm happy for the particular clients to have all their traffic routed via the VPN, it would seem easiest to do it by ip range. Is there any way to submit a feature request or is the 2820 too obsolete now?

The 2820 doesn't get new features now, I've checked :/ it had a good run (2008-2012)
The 2830 and 2860 can do this though now :)

• dgarratt
  • Topic Author
More
06 Nov 2013 08:42 #6 by dgarratt
I asked about this on the 2960 and was told it could not do it - can you let me know where on the config menu's the 2830/2860 let you do this in case I was misinformed