DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Windows 7 PPTP failing in last few days

• jhurrell
  • Topic Author
More
28 Mar 2013 21:45 #1 by jhurrell
Windows 7 PPTP failing in last few days was created by jhurrell
I support two clients who have Drayteks, a 2910 and a 2930. The 2910 has been in service for 5 years and worked flawlessly. To administer these clients I've been connecting to the Drayteks over VPN, pptp, using the Windows client. This has worked very well and never had an issue on Xp, Vista or Win7. However in the last few days I have not been able to connect from any of my win7 machines to either of the drayteks over VPN. Nothing has changed at the Draytek end.

The connection gets stuck at checking username and password then fails with an 860 error - GRE issues. I have setup a syslog on the 2930 and I can see the connection arriving from my Win 7 machine but it never authenticates. I then tried a win xp machine on a different internet connection using the same dial in credentials and it connected first time.

I'm wondering if a recent Windows update may have broken something...anyone else seeing this? The only other thing I can think of is that my ISP has changed something on the underlying connection... Any ideas?

Vigor 2600
Vigor 2910

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.