Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

mOTP with OpenVPN?

• ijwoo1
  • Topic Author
More
19 Jun 2013 15:00 #1 by ijwoo1
mOTP with OpenVPN? was created by ijwoo1
Hi,

I have OpenVPN working using certificates and username/password in a remote host<->2830Vn configuration, but is there any reason why I cant use mOTP with this so that the user's password changes for each login?

The 2830Vn v3.6.4 allows me to configure mOTP instead of a fixed password in the Remote User set up page, but I continuously get auth failure when trying to establish the VPN. If I use a fixed password then it authenticates fine.

I've tried to remove time sync as the issue with mOTP, so I dont think that is the problem and I've tried multiple mOTP client generators, which incidentally provide me the same password/code, so it does leave me to believe this is either not supported on OpenVPN or there is a 2830Vn firmware problem.

Anyone else have this working?

BTW: I'm using the work around in the firmware "known issues" to set the mOTP pin and secret, which means using SSH because the web interface is broken.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ijwoo1
  • Topic Author
More
23 Jun 2013 13:08 #2 by ijwoo1
Replied by ijwoo1 on topic Re: mOTP with OpenVPN?
I gave up and resorted to a Raspberry Pi running as a OpenVPN server with motp. It's sitting on it's own VLAN (port 4 assigned as LAN2) and just routes tunneled packets from the internet to LAN1 where my private internal hosts sit.

It seems to work very well which leads me to believe there is a problem using motp with openvpn on the 2830Vn firmware v3.6.4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.