DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3200 - SSL VPN issues (works, but only as Admin)

• redpanda
  • Topic Author
More
02 Jul 2013 09:40 #1 by redpanda
Hi all

I've been trying to configure SSL VPN on a 3200 and I have a problem. I've tried both ActiveX and Java, neither works without the browser being run as an admin. When IE is run in admin mode, the ActiveX tunnel works fine. And when I subsequently run it, even when I let the drivers install and tell the VPN client to keep it, it still doesn't run in anything but admin mode.

Problem is of course
a) no-one who uses this will want to bother with specifically going to run it as Admin.
b) no idiot runs their browser in admin mode full-time, which is what will happen with the users if I allow this to happen.

Could someone point me to a way in which I can get SSL VPN to work after setup as a non-admin?

I have PPTP access to the router now and that works fine, I'd like to get rid of it however and switch full time to SSL. I kind of gave up on it a few months ago but I need to get this working now as it was why I got the 3200 specifically for as opposed to any other model.

I was going to email Draytek support but I'm about 1000 miles away from the router now so am unable to get at the serial no (I fail to understand why it's not baked into firmware / software but hey whatever).

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.