DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2850 -> Vigor 2600 VPN bonding?

• cameldan
  • Topic Author
More
05 Jul 2013 13:16 #1 by cameldan
Vigor 2850 -> Vigor 2600 VPN bonding? was created by cameldan
Hi.. Apologies for the cross-posting here and in the General Usage forum, I have asked the Mods to delete the other one having realised my mistake!

Anyway, on to the question...
Having been tasked with investigating the options for replacing our ageing but perfectly functional and reliable Vigor2600 I have set my sights on a Vigor 2850 at our head office. I plan to have another ADSL line installed which will provide us with some resilience should one of the lines decide to go into meltdown mode as happened earlier this week!
We also have 2 satellite offices both connected to their own ADSL line with Vigor 2600 modem/routers. VPN tunnels are set up between the remote offices and the Head office to provide access to head office file server and email systems.
I am aware that the 2850 can do Truncking/bonding of VPN tunnels, thereby increasing the bandwidth between 2 points. However I am unsure of whether I will need matching 2850's at the remote offices or if the old 2600's will do the job of connecting to the 2 tunnels instigated by the 2850 at our Head office... Is anyone able to shed some light on this for me?

Many thanks in advance,

Dan

Barkin' up the wrong horse without a paddle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.