Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 3900 PPTP VPN Issues

• hegdav
  • Topic Author
More
11 Jul 2013 09:28 #1 by hegdav
Vigor 3900 PPTP VPN Issues was created by hegdav
Hi

Wondering if anyone can help me getting a remote dial-in VPN setup working on the Vigor 3900 we're testing out at the moment.

Our setup is like this:

Office LAN (10.6.0.0/16) -> 3900 (10.6.5.251) -> WAN (a.b.c.d)

I can connect to the VPN successfully, and my remote machine gets an IP from the Draytek on the range that I specified in the DHCP setup (it's on 10.6.7.0/24). I can ping the 3900 from the VPN connection on its 10.6.5.251 address but nothing on the office LAN. Likewise, from the office LAN, I can ping the 3900 but nothing on the VPN connection.

There are no software firewalls running on any of the machines I'm testing this with, and all the test machines in the office LAN have the 3900 set as their default gateway - a tracert from them to the remote machine on the VPN gets to 10.6.5.251 and then times out.

Any ideas? I'm pulling my hair out trying to get it to work ...

Thanks,
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2013 17:59 #2 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Vigor 3900 PPTP VPN Issues
from what you've described with the vpn clients on one /24 and the main network on another /24 with all of them using the same gateway, I think your setup is good so it's probably a bug. Ask draytek support for the 1.0.7 beta firmware to see if that fixes or so that they can fix it :)

• hegdav
  • Topic Author
More
15 Jul 2013 12:47 #3 by hegdav
Replied by hegdav on topic Re: Vigor 3900 PPTP VPN Issues
Thanks.

I managed to get it working by deleting all the configs I'd added and recreating them - worked first time. I must have had something wrong in one of them that I couldn't see.