DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Can 2820 be used to "dial" a vpn via another gateway?

• kerrydraytek
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Sep 2013 15:25 #1 by kerrydraytek
Hello,
I own a 2820Vn. I have, however, at the end of last year I changed to Infinity 2 to get better broadband with BT who supplied me with a HH3. This has no VPN support. I own a 2820Vn which I used for work and was hooked in to my previous ISP provider.

I need a LAN to LAN connection but I don't want to buy a replacement router if I can help it if the equipment I own will do the job.

Can the 2820 be a vpn client but dial out via another router (in this case the HH3) rather than me having to go out and buying a PPPOE router.

I notice that the 2820Vn has a DSL and WAN2 port. Can the WAN2 (Ethernet) port be used to link with the HH3 or even replace the HH3?

Thanks

Kerry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maddriver
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
25 Sep 2013 12:18 #2 by maddriver
Should be able to connect WAN2 Ethernet to the router provided, and DCHP an IP Address. You will need to ensure the LAN side of the Draytek is a different subnet to the link between provided router and WAN2. Otherwise it may not route properly. This in turn means all network clients are connected through the Draytek for the default gateway, and receive IP addresses from the Draytek.

So long as the provided router passes all traffic through (I.e. does not filter VPN ports) you should be able to dial out a connection at least, possibly also dial in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.