Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Teleworker VPN

• richardtea
  • Topic Author
More
30 Sep 2013 13:29 #1 by richardtea
Teleworker VPN was created by richardtea
Hi All,

I'm hoping somebody can help with my problem. ;)

I have a 2850N, which has been enabled for remote dial in user. This works fine.

However ( as always ),

I cant seem to find a way to remote desktop to a machine on the LAN, I understand that I can use port forwarding to forward the correct port number to the IP address. But can this be liked to the remote user, or avoided totally by logging in the remote user in a different way. A this time we are using PPTP, and wanting to use RDP.

We would really like to just have the user authenticated by the router and then just remote desktop direct to the ip address with out any forwarding going on.

Any help would be great.

Kind regards

Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tippers
  • User
  • User
More
10 Oct 2013 16:54 #2 by tippers
Replied by tippers on topic Re: Teleworker VPN
Hi Richard,
I think you've got the terminology mixed up. If you have the remote dial in user setup, can they connect to the 2850N with a VPN? If so they should then be able to RDP to the LAN IP address of the PC/Server.

The port forwarding on the 2850N is only used to "forward" traffic from an external IP address to an internal one. This is not ideal for remotely accessing a PC/Server because it leaves port open on your firewall and traffic is not encrypted in the VPN.

Which VPN client are you using to connect in?

Regards

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.