DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VPN - LAN to LAN (2820 to Netvanta 3448)

• yukiomishima
  • Topic Author
More
28 Oct 2013 10:36 #1 by yukiomishima
VPN - LAN to LAN (2820 to Netvanta 3448) was created by yukiomishima
howdy

so.. i just changed my ISP

i was originally running the 2820 as a DSL modem / router... but my new ISP is cable (virgin media - 60mb).. so.. i have connected the cable modem to the WAN port

when we were running DSL i had 2 VPNs setup.... one to a netvanta 3448 and the other to a linksys rv016

since swapping ISPs we have also swapped out IP address.. so.. the VPNs needed modifying

i made the IP address change at both ends of both connections and the Draytek -> Linksys... & the VPN is running no problem.. HOWEVER.. i cannot get the 2820 to connect back to the 3448

again.. it was working fine thru WAN 1.. all i did was change it to WAN 2.. and change the IP address (both ends)

i have been in touch with tech support at adtran.. and they have traced the VPN connection.. and says that the draytek is trying to connect.. the 3448 responds... the draytek responds.. the 3448 responds.. then... nothing

so... there appears to be 4 packets of info going back and forth.. with the 3448 sending a packet that the draytek does not respond to

any help in getting this sorted would be hugely appreciated

thanks in advance

yukioMishima

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• yukiomishima
  • Topic Author
More
11 Nov 2013 13:21 #2 by yukiomishima
Replied by yukiomishima on topic Re: VPN - LAN to LAN (2820 to Netvanta 3448)
an update

finally have it working... so.. for anyone that may experience similar issues... here is the solution (provided by the fabulous tech support people on the http://forum.draytek.com.my site):

"the VPN can't be setup while NAT-T is enabled on the NV3448."

so... NAT-T switch off... VPN working as expected... :D

HUGE thanks again to Ash for the time that he and his team spent on resolving this issue

yukioMIshima

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.