2850VN - SSL - Local user login issue

• mxw
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
31 Oct 2013 10:37 #1 by mxw
Hi all,

Firstly this is with regards to the below hardware/build.

System Status

Model Name : Vigor2850Vn
Firmware Version : 3.6.4_2471201
Build Date/Time : May 8 2013 09:20:21

**I have edited my post to be more to the point**

I have noticed that the SSL VPN on my router appears to be a little flackey to say the least and the purpose of this post is to see if anyone has experienced the same issue as me and also maybe any possible fixes/work arounds.

I setup a SSL VPN as specified in the guides and created a local user and group. Now inital testing appeared that this was all good and it worked a dream. As I had setup my user to be very simple username/password I decided to disable the user (best practice and all that)

I then moved onto trying to configure AD authentication, now this did not go so well which is a separate issue. Background of what I did was enabled AD authentication and tried logging in via that, after lots of faffing I back tracked on the settings and decided to stay with local until my brain cells regathered.

Now when I enabled my local SSL account to do some more testing, I was getting invalid username/password. OK fine, went in re-setup the user as per the guide. Still invalid username or password. Now as far as I can tell nothing has changed other than me attempting to implement AD authentication. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Now I don't know if this is worth mentioning or not but when I got my router it came with a firmware bug, which just so happened made it reboot every few mins/hours really when it felt like it. After speaking with support I was told this was a known issue and to upgrade my router to the latest firmware. So far so good my connection and router has been solid since so dunno just throwing it in the mix.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.