DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830vn to 2820vn No RX packets on one side

• oakwood
  • Topic Author
More
22 Dec 2013 01:01 #1 by oakwood
Hi
Ive spent over a week on this, and have trudged through the forums, have not found a solution at all. I can see other posters having the same issues. I used to swear by the reliability of Drayteks over the past several years..im not so sure now. I hope someone can shed light on it.

I have a 2830vn at one site, running the latest firmware available (3.6.6.1_sb_232201).

Ive tried to connect it unsuccessfully to 2820's (two different ones) and to a 2920vn. The symptoms are the same no matter what I connect it to. I can establish the IPsec tunnel fine, all green (out of interest I cant establish a VPN using anything but IPsec). However the 2820's/2920 show plenty of TX but no RX packets at all. The 2830 shows both TX and RX. Im only really interested in establishing a connection between the 2820's and the 2830 - the 2920 was just a test site.

The networks I have access to are as follows:

2830: 10.0.0.0/8
2820 SIte A: 192.168.0.0/22
2820 SIte B: 172.16.0.0/16

I have tried changing the LAN to LAN profiles from Both, Dial Out only and DIal In only. No Joy. I have switched off the firewalls both sides, no joy. I have enabled the firewall and added rules - no joy. The two 2820's work a treat talking to each other happily. Ive pretty much run out of ideas. Any help would be much appreciated, as my confidence in the 2830 is much shaken - I always recommend a draytek to my customers in addition to using them myself at our offices. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• daffy
  • User
  • User
More
21 Jan 2014 12:57 #2 by daffy
I am having exactly the same problem from a 2820 to 2830.
HQ 2820 Subnet 192.168.0.x
Engineering 2830 Subnet 192.168.44.x

I can ping/access network resources on HQ from Engineering but cannot the other way from HQ to Engineering.
You can ping using the Ping Test on the HQ 2820 to resources on Engineering, but not from any PC on the HQ site. There are no other firewalls/devices on network which could interfere, we have a very simple setup.

Draytek Telephone support couldn't help and asked me to create a support ticket which I did.
I have had one response since Thursday 16th asking if they could try it with an IPsec Tunnel.
Apart from that nothing.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• oakwood
  • Topic Author
More
25 Jan 2014 17:26 #3 by oakwood
I think its an issue between the two models - ive got hold of another 2820 which im going to test

More
05 Feb 2014 13:43 #4 by frag
There can be many different reasons for this to happen.

The first thing you want to test is whether or not you run into the same problems using a PPTP connection. If this then works I would recommend checking out the advanced settings for your IPsec configuration.

Failing that, the usual steps apply... Make sure there's no NAT between the devices. Upgrade the firmware. Sacrifice a goat to the VPN gods. The usual.