Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Virgin Media Business VPN setup with fixed IP

• r1ch1ew1n
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
26 Jan 2014 22:36 #1 by r1ch1ew1n
Hi, apologies if this topic has been covered previously - I have searched through some of the many posting but I can't find a solution to my problem.

I have a 2830N running firmware 3.6.3_db_232201. I previously had a 20mb VM Business cable service installed, with this service and the basic equipment supplied I was able to setup a VPN service and log into my network on my Ipad.

Feeling the need for some extra speed, I upgraded my package to 50mb, had a nice shiny VM Superhub (I believe it's a 2) and also added some fixed IP addresses.

The new package is working great, the Draytek router working with out any issues, the only problem I have is setting up the VPN, I'm guessing it's a setting on the VM Superhub that's blocking my access.

Is it possible to VPN through the VM Superhub? As I'm on the Business service I can't run the Superhub in modem mode. I've set the DMZ up for the router address, switched the firewall off, switched the pass throughs on, set port forwarding to the router on ports 443, 500, 4500 and 1723 all on TCP.

Now I'm stuck! Any pointers or advice would be greatly received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2014 13:45 #2 by frag
VPN's and NAT do not play nicely. Your best bet is to use a PPTP connection instead of IPsec and see if this works.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.