• scalesr1
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Apr 2014 16:20 #1 by scalesr1
2830 LAN to LAN VPN IPsec was created by scalesr1
Greetings all,

I am trying to configure an IPsec LAN to LAN VPN between two sites. The problem I have is that one site can instigate the VPN, the other cannot though it will happily receive a VPN request. Both ends are set with direction=both though I have tried setting one to dial out and one to dial in and vice versa. Every time, one way will work, the other not. It is as if there is something different at one end though I cannot see anything obvious.

Is there anything that might be set that will stop the inbound VPN initiation request from working? The syslog shows that it does indeed receive the request from the calling end, but that is as far as it goes.

The end which will NOT answer (but will dial out and connect OK) also lets SSL traffic and PPTP traffic straight through to a server (so the PPTP service is disabled on the router). There are a number of other ports forwarded for remote desktop connections to various servers - all in the 4000-4100 range as well as http. Apart from that, both routers appear to be the same.

I am at a loss now and as it happens, it is the remote site that I need to initiate the VPN so I would really like to get it solved.

All pointers greatefully received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2014 12:46 #2 by totalcontrol
Replied by totalcontrol on topic Re: 2830 LAN to LAN VPN IPsec
Try only using the VPN to dial one way, setting the VPN to both causes issues for unknown reasons.

Also, make sure the latest firmware is being used. I think 3.6.7 is out now for both single and dual band 2830's.

Finally, you mention HTTPS, have you ensured the SSL VPN menu (found in the newer firmware) has the port set to something other than 443?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.