Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VPN from 2012 R2 through 2830 Router

• sycrid
  • Topic Author
More
23 Aug 2014 20:28 #1 by sycrid
VPN from 2012 R2 through 2830 Router was created by sycrid
Hi guys,

I need some advice on VPNS, as I'm struggling to get one up and running. I have set up windows server 2012 R2 (Echange), and I have installed the roles and features to allow for a VPN to function. I have allowed the appropriate ports to be passed through the router/firewall, and I have even taken down the firewall at times for testing.

My problem is I can connect to the VPN, but I'm unable to do anything once connected. I've tried connecting with a windows Vista machine and a Linux machine. Both establish a connection and stay connected, but they're unable to browse any directories, or use the internet through the vpn. On the vista machine, I constantly get a limited connectivity message on the network status, and the vista machine is always firing bytes over to the VPN, but it recieves 371 bytes back, and then stops. I imagine the 371 is just the VPN server sending the initial message back saying welcome.

Anyway the router/firewall is a Vigor 2830 series. (I've followed a collection of online guides for setting this up and everyone of them has guided me through what needs to be done, with the same issue. I've also had a fellow technician in to look, and he can not see a fault, it just doesn't operate).

Does anyone have an suggestions? oh the VPN is a pptp connection

If anyone needs any further information to assist, please feel free to ask. Please note: I'm completely new to networking and VPNs, and servers, and everything related to this haha.

=============================================
www.bestwebhosts.co.uk - For the best website hosting deals.

=============================================

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami