• Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
05 Nov 2014 14:43 #1 by compuserve
VPN Translation over same subnets was created by compuserve
Hi All,

Brief topology:

Data Centre hosting multiple RDS servers.
Draytek Vigor 3900's in HA
Leased line

The RDS servers host an application that requires site to site VPN's for printing on a local printer, RDS printer redirection does not work in this instance so a direct VPN to the customers site is needed.

As you can imagine as more customers come onto the platform we need more VPN's and this is where the issue arises. We have customers that will have same subnet configurations on their LAN so to combat this i need to do some sort of VPN NAT translation. Is this possible on the Vigors?

I know it is possible on Cisco routers but i dont fancy having to learn IOS just yet.

thank you

Neill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crabbit74
  • User
  • User
More
03 Apr 2015 14:16 #2 by crabbit74
Replied by crabbit74 on topic Re: VPN Translation over same subnets
Hello,

Did you ever get any answer to your query?

I am in the same situation and looking for an answer, if you could share any findings it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

More
25 Apr 2015 20:32 #3 by oscar_alfonso
Replied by oscar_alfonso on topic Re: VPN Translation over same subnets
I don't think so... i think you must change subnets on your clients. I suppose that's impossible... big clients with big networks? maybe you can do an intermediate subnet between your customer network and the draytek doing NAT. you can configure all of your drayteks with different network ranges and problem solved... but i think you'll need some hardware to do this... maybe another router, or a linux machine or something.