DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2850N - Updated to latest firmware No PPTP VPN Now

• johntankard
  • Topic Author
More
10 Dec 2014 19:38 #1 by johntankard
Hi Guys,

Yesterday I updated to the latest firmware for our 2850N router and since doing so VPN is totally unavailable. We use the Microsoft built in VPN Software to connect and usually ok but now nothing, is this a known issue or is anyone else having issues?

Cheers John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2014 23:27 #2 by macavity
First step I'd take is to check 'log -ct' via the SSH or Telnet CLI.

It should show the attempts coming in and would display if there is a username / password error (unlikely in your case) or something. If you see nothing, eg looks like no attempts are being noticed then a possible cause is PPTP service being disabled. Check that via the Web UI under VPN and Remote Access Control and if for some reason it's now unchecked you'll need to check it and reboot the unit.

It's also worth checking PPP General setup to see what's set in there. Mutual Auth should be disabled, and I'd expect the appropriate start IP to be set (typically 192.168.1.200 etc). If the router has DHCP enable then it'll allocate from the DHCP pool instead of the start IP I believe, but if DHCP is disable on the router it'll take the IP from the start IP.

If you're using RADUS or LDAP for auth then try a local account instead as a test.

Also check the WAN IP is the same as before, you're probably on static, but its worth checking anyway

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami