PPTP Teleworker VPN to 3900

• simon.read
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
10 Mar 2015 12:18 #1 by simon.read
PPTP Teleworker VPN to 3900 was created by simon.read
Thought I would add this to the forum because I was looking for an answer and couldn't find one here so went to technical support for the answer.

The scenario is you cannot create a PPTP VPN tunnel using the built-in Windows client to a Draytek 3900.

I had created a user profile under User Management / User Profile, and enabled it just for PPTP Dial in.

Whatever I did I couldn't dial in and was getting Error 619 port closed.

The reason this was happening was because the 3900 doesn't issue a DHCP address like the 28xx series do, you have to specify your DHCP server.

You have to specify your DHCP server IP address in VPN and Remote Access / PPP General Setup.

Hope this helps someone who has the same problem as I did.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2015 19:35 #2 by oscar_alfonso
Replied by oscar_alfonso on topic Re: PPTP Teleworker VPN to 3900
Yeah thank you. After fixing that, i noticed the dhcp gives an ip to the remote dial-in users... but they still have its ISP dns servers, so they can't resolve internal addresses. How can we make to vpn remote dial-in users to get internal dns servers?

In older Vigor models like 3200 there was an option called "Force router to use DNS server IP address" that did the trick... but I can't find that option or similar in my 2960. I think 2960 and 3900 has similar front-ends.

Anybody knows how to do it? thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.