Android Smart VPN Client Not connecting

• knightvision
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
11 Mar 2015 19:27 #1 by knightvision
Android Smart VPN Client Not connecting was created by knightvision
Support for this app seems very thin on the ground. Either no one uses it, or no one has a problem with it?!

So i have followed the setup guide and cannot get the app to connect. I have set up a remote dial-in user account for my PC which is working without issue, but i cannot get my android phone either to do it from the Android 5.0.1 OS, or via this draytek app.

The app basically displays 'disconnected' as soon as i click the dial button. I have tried various configs now at this stage, but it looks like my router and app setup is correct and seems to be a problem with the app??

Can anyone confirm or deny that this setup can/should work or not. I am anxious to route my phone data through my home network in certain situations, so really want to get this to work.

Are there other android apps that will connect my phone to my 2830Vn+??

Any help appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2015 00:47 #2 by stevepritchard
Replied by stevepritchard on topic Re: Android Smart VPN Client Not connecting
Have I missed something? What does this do that the default Android VPN functionality doesn't?

• press2talk
  • User
  • User
More
13 Mar 2015 09:40 #3 by press2talk
Replied by press2talk on topic Re: Android Smart VPN Client Not connecting
Are you trying to connect VPN over mobile data? Can a VPN tunnel be established with the phone of connected over wifi?

• knightvision
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
13 Mar 2015 10:07 #4 by knightvision
Replied by knightvision on topic Re: Android Smart VPN Client Not connecting
Thanks for the replies. I have tried both native android Vpn service and the Draytek app. I only require this ability for certain WiFi connections, so haven't tried via a mobile data connection.

It seems like the connection (from the app at least) won't authenticate the ssl connection almost instantly. I have even tried Another user account (that works for an L2TP laptop connection) and that won't connect either, so I am confident I have that set up correctly. It is a bit strange tbh.

• press2talk
  • User
  • User
More
13 Mar 2015 10:14 #5 by press2talk
Replied by press2talk on topic Re: Android Smart VPN Client Not connecting
How odd, I have successfully connected Android phone and tablets using the inbuilt VPN client to draytek routers. Try setting up a basic PPTP connection, if this works then build upon it. Maybe your device has a bug or something is blocking a port? Is the wifi router configured for VPN pass through over wifi?

• knightvision
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
13 Mar 2015 10:18 #6 by knightvision
Replied by knightvision on topic Re: Android Smart VPN Client Not connecting
Yes it is odd. My laptop has no issue getting through. Maybe I should try a PPTP connection via android. I only tried a L2TP PSK connection as it was already set up.