DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Remote Dial in to 2860 works but 2820 doesn't?

• macocd
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
13 Mar 2015 15:18 #1 by macocd
I'm working from home and regularly have to VPN dial in to a Vigor2860 and all works just fine.

Now I also have to connect to a second office which has a Vigor2820. We didn't previously have VPN set up for this second office so we used precisely the same (manually entered) configuration options as in the original office's 2860, but I can't get local internet when connected to the L2TP with IPSec VPN in office 2?

I've tried to connect from Windows8.1 & Mac OS X 10.10.2. If i set the VPN client end to have all traffic through the VPN it's ok, I can get internet, although very slowly through work's ISP, but when I uncheck the 'Send All Traffic over VPN Connection' I can't get any internet access at all. As soon as I drop the VPN connection Internet connectivity is restored.

It's not Local IP routing as I'm on 192.168.2.x range
Office 1 is on 192.168.0.x range
Office 2 is on 192.168.1.x range

Everything works perfectly connected to the Vigor2860 in the original office, my Internet is local, and I have access to the works machines on 192.168.0.x via the VPN. I can't see any setting differences that should make any difference. Is VPN L2TP broken on the Vigor2820?

Vigor2820 now has Firmware 3.3.7.6_232201, but this hasn't fixed the issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• macocd
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
23 Mar 2015 17:33 #2 by macocd
I've spent more time on this and just don't seem to be able to find a solution.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.