DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VPN 2960 works intermittently

• stefandumbleton
  • Topic Author
More
07 Apr 2015 10:21 #1 by stefandumbleton
VPN 2960 works intermittently was created by stefandumbleton
We have a main office which uses a 2960 router and several branch offices (4) which dial into the 2960 to create a VPN. All branch offices are Draytek routers as well.

The problem.
Every now and again (But happening more and more), connection over the VPNs stop working and when I take a look at the Connection Manager on the 2960 it shows they are all connected but weirdly that no packets have been transmitted or received (stats showing as 0 in both columns). A restart of the router normally corrects this but it is now becoming very annoying due to the regularity of this.

Also, one of the connections randomly shows in the log as the pre shared key being wrong but then other times will connect correctly.

I have the latest firmware on the 2960 and not settings are changed from when they connect successfully to when they do fail to talk.

We have invested quite a bit in Draytek but this is becoming very frustrating now.

Stef

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2015 20:28 #2 by oscar_alfonso
Replied by oscar_alfonso on topic Re: VPN 2960 works intermittently
check your internet connection in all the offices. verify your subnets, are all of them different? i think so... wich kind of tunnel do you use for the branches? ipsec? check the configuration to use the same protocols in all phases at all draytek clients to match the central 2960 config.

Hope it helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.