DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Internal dns to remote dial-in vpn users in 2960

• oscar_alfonso
  • Topic Author
More
25 Apr 2015 19:38 #1 by oscar_alfonso
Hello, i have a 2960 working with pptp remote dial-in users getting ip from an internal windows dhcp server (draytek is not the dhcp server). After login, the users get an ip from the dhcp server... but they still have its ISP dns servers, so they can't resolve internal addresses. How can we make to vpn remote dial-in users to get internal dns servers?

In older Vigor models like 3200 there was an option called "Force router to use DNS server IP address" that did the trick... but I can't find that option or similar in my 2960.

Anybody knows how to do it? thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• oscar_alfonso
  • Topic Author
More
29 Apr 2015 10:47 #2 by oscar_alfonso
Replied by oscar_alfonso on topic Re: Internal dns to remote dial-in vpn users in 2960
Well, i contacted to official support and they solved it. I'll post it hoping it helps to other people:

Enter the lan configuration, you must to activate temporarily dhcp in draytek even if it's not your internal dhcp (like my case... the dhcp is a windows server). Save, and enter again to the configuration of the lan. After check the change was saved (i say this because sometimes it doesn't save!!!! lol), you must add "dhcp dns" with your internal dns servers. Then save and enter again to check if changes were saved. Finally, disable the dhcp to let your real dhcp server work in your lan.

It works like a charm... this "dirty" trick lets your remote dial-in users get your internal dns.

Cheers! :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.