DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Just learning.. advice on 2860 VPN please.

• steven_w
  • Topic Author
More
15 May 2015 08:07 #1 by steven_w
Morning all... I installed a Vigor 2860n for a customer.. I need to be able to get on the LAN from the internet, so I can access devices on the network just by putting in their local IP address.

I've set up DDNS which works fine so I can put the DDNS address in & access the router from across the internet.

Someone else set this up for me on the same router on a different job, works great but I need to know how to do it for myself.

Can anyone help? Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2015 09:38 #2 by admin
Access the LAN... you need to be more specific. Is this for remote
desktop, or accessing shares ?

Forum Administrator

• steven_w
  • Topic Author
More
22 May 2015 04:00 #3 by steven_w
Replied by steven_w on topic Re: Just learning.. advice on 2860 VPN please.
Blimey forgot about this! I hadn't set the alerts to follow posts in the thread...

Thanks for your reply!

So I want it so that it's as if I'm connected to the LAN of the router, so I obtain a local IP address then I can work within the LAN to deal with any issues. I am an installer of TV systems, matrixes, multiple devices connected to the network that a client needs monitoring.

An example usage would be the ability to connect via VPN & obtain a local IP address, then do a LAN SCAN to see all devices active on the network, obtain IP addresses then be able to perform various tests on those IP addresses.

Does that make sense?

Many thanks!

More
22 May 2015 07:21 #4 by admin

do a LAN SCAN to see all devices active on the network,

That may not work as a routed connection...but can depend on what's doing the scan - you might have to address devices specifically. Anyway, sounds like you need to set a Teleworker dial-in VPN on the Vigor 2860, then use VPN dial-out from your remote PC.

Forum Administrator