DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

LAN-LAN VPN work both ways?

More
11 Jun 2015 06:10 #7 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: LAN-LAN VPN work both ways?

mikehughesc wrote: Not sure what you mean by "try RDP instead"? - you mean Remote Desktop instead of VNC? - I'm sure this is nothing to do with whether it's VNC or RDP ... because it's not just VNC that fails:- ping doesn't work from A to B (but does work within B, and from B to A)

Right, but you've only just confirmed that :-) Indeed, no point trying RDP instead now. I@m not sure why it didn't work. Did you set these profiles manually or use a wizard/tool? Perhaps disable both and set up a new profile at each end just in case some rogue setting got set... Otherwise, ask support. Sorry I can't be more help.

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikehughesc
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
11 Jun 2015 08:53 #8 by mikehughesc
Replied by mikehughesc on topic Re: LAN-LAN VPN work both ways?
Thanks - I actually submitted a ticket to support last night. Since then I thought I'd try one more thing, and just reversed the Dial in/out settings - so now Location A (2820) calls Location B (2830).

And it now works - both ways. Bizarre.

Changed it back just to make sure that the whole thing wasn't caused by a typo or settings error - but no, it still doesn't work the other way. Has to be some kind of weird bug in the firmware. But it makes no difference to me which way the dialing goes, so problem solved.

Mike

• mikehughesc
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
11 Jun 2015 09:52 #9 by mikehughesc
Replied by mikehughesc on topic Re: LAN-LAN VPN work both ways?
Spoke too soon - it does now work both ways, but the Load Balance / Route Policy on the 2830 has now stopped working. It seems like this only works for dial-out connections? So back to square one - hopefully Draytek support can sort it out.