Issue between Virgor 2820 & Cisco ASA series

• aaronit
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Aug 2015 16:43 #1 by aaronit
Hello,

I seem to be having some issues between a Vigor 2820 & a Cisco ASA firewall.. Unfortunately I have no control over the Cisco box as this belongs to a client's IT dept.

The Vigor is configured using Dial out/ IPsec tunnel using a preshared key, IPsec Security method is 3DES with Authentication - The Cisco end i have been told matches up as it should with this VPN.

The VPN connects but no traffic is tx/rx & it times out after 10 seconds and tries again. I have checked that this is not the firmware is it has been updated and I have also seen this in a 2830 so it isn't something to do with the model. I think it is a config issue as i have event gone as far as reset back to default and reconfigured.

I setup Syslog server and found the following strange logs which appear at the point of it resetting the connection.

IKE_RELEASE VPN : Profile not found !!
[L2L][DOWN][IPSEC][@0:"[i]Name of VPN Profile[/i]"]

The strange thing I have found about this is previously when changing things like the IKE Phase 1/2 lifetime key it works but after a while it times out again. It has now reached a point where no matter what these are it will not stay connected.

Any Ideas, help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.