Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

selective tunneling of web urls through LAN-LAN VPN

• wilsodg
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
02 Sep 2016 02:43 #1 by wilsodg
I have routers (2925) in the UK and the US 'permanently' connected using IPSEC Lan-to-LAN VPN tunnel.
Sometimes when in the US, we want to access UK web sites with geo restricted/configured content, and vice-versa.
Is there a way to set a URL (list) in the router to automatically have them routed through the remote gateway. i.e. to add a url to the routing table.
I probably can do this in windows clients, but I wanted to do it once in the router.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2016 07:42 #2 by admin
You can do it if they have fixed IP address by setting the load balance/lan rules up...

Forum Administrator

• rafter
  • User
  • User
More
07 Sep 2016 16:55 #3 by rafter
Can I have some more advice on this please:

I have a 2860 (to a Cisco ASA) and want to route the internet over the VPN (for example traffic destined for Google - 8.8.8.8). Can you have remote network as 0.0.0.0 in a LAN-LAN VPN? I already successfully utilise the tick box Change default route to this VPN tunnel ( Only single WAN supports this ). But obviously if the remote network is setup with the remote lan address then traffic is going to be dropped for this VPN?

Basically want to do this, but in Draytek world:
https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Routing_internet_traffic_through_a_site-to-site_IPsec_tunnel

More
08 Sep 2016 10:54 #4 by admin3
This is how to tunnel specific traffic through a VPN tunnel:
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-policy-routing-guide-v2
Check the VPN Routing section.

With that, you can route access to specific remote IPs / subnets through a VPN tunnel. It's possible that a later firmware will add support for routing hostnames through a VPN tunnel.

Forum Administrator