• mrthingamajig
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
07 Nov 2016 12:01 #1 by mrthingamajig
Smart VPN for Android motp Issue was created by mrthingamajig
Hi,

I have searched the forum and not found my issue so sorry if this is a duplicate...

I am trying to get an SSL VPN setup from an Android device (LG G5) and my 2860 using motp.

I have got the SSL VPN to work using a normal password from my device and the Smart VPN client and I've used the Windows Smart VPN client to work with otp so both seem to function on their own.

However, when I enter the 32 byte seed into DriodOTP and the same four digit PIN as I've used on the Windows client, the otp I paste from DroidOTP into the Smart VPN Android app doesn't work and I just get "Authentication Failed"

Has anyone has this working as there are multiple otp generators out there and different statements about seed length?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2016 14:55 #2 by chrisw
Replied by chrisw on topic Re: Smart VPN for Android motp Issue
I set mine up just a few days ago but initially suffered the same authentication failure I believe due to my initial mOTP 'secret' being too long. I found that reducing the secret to 8 hex digits (so 16 chars input in total) made it work. Not sure if this is the actual limit, I've not tested further.

[Edit: Router is running v3.8.4 firmware. After further testing the 8 hex digits does seem to be the upper limit - even though the Draytek SmartVPN client generates a 16 byte secret]

Edit #2: I find that by increasing the PIN length from 4 to 7 digits that the SSL VPN now authenticates as expected with a 16 byte hex string as the secret.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.