DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860ac upgrade 3.8.4.2 breaks VPN ?

More
29 Dec 2016 18:01 #1 by ianfretwell
2860ac upgrade 3.8.4.2 breaks VPN ? was created by ianfretwell
Hi,

Been using a 2860ac at a remote site with no issues whatsoever - 3.8.4 / 3.8.4.1 no problems.

Having now upgraded to 3.8.4.2 (for the mysterious security flaw that must be really embarassing because nobody is admitting what it actually is...) and locally connected users continue to work fine but remote SSL VPN users can no longer connect to anything inside the LAN although the VPN itself connects up just fine. Absolutely no other changes have been made whatsoever.

The VPN users don't appear to have a gateway on the remote network and cannot ping it either - the router however sems to be able to ping it just fine but doesn't seem to be passing any traffic to it from the VPN clients.

Anybody else having similar issues - is it a bug in the new firmware perhaps ?

Cheers,
Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• moltuae
  • User
  • User
More
05 Jan 2017 11:15 #2 by moltuae
Replied by moltuae on topic Re: 2860ac upgrade 3.8.4.2 breaks VPN ?
Having similar problems with a Vigor2860Ln and a (previously working) site-to-site IPsec Tunnel since the update to 3.8.4.2. Tunnel can no longer be established.

Something is definitely broken with this release. I've noticed a few other anomalies too such as VPN services are failing to remain enabled in >> VPN and Remote Access >> Remote Access Control Setup. Anyone else seeing this?

Think I might have to roll back to the previous version. How severe is this security flaw anyway?

More
05 Jan 2017 12:07 #3 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2860ac upgrade 3.8.4.2 breaks VPN ?
DrayTek say that the f/w should be no different to the immediately previous release other than the listed change.
"There shouldn't be changes from 3.8.4.1 to 3.8.4.2". So contact support and ask.

If they say it's critical, I'd say it's it's critical as they don't say they often.

Forum Administrator