• ckershaw78
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
30 Apr 2017 09:03 #1 by ckershaw78
VPN incorrect VLan routing was created by ckershaw78
Hi,

i have 2 draytek 2860 routers set up with an ipsec VPN running between them.

the issue i have is the routers can see each other okay but anything past the router fails. each router has 2 vlans running on it router 1 has a 10.6.1.1 and 33.1.1.1 and the second router has 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.2.1

the subnets i am working with:
router 1
router 2

vpn is up and working. if i run a tracert from router 1 or a pc on that network to a pc on router 2 it goes to the 192.168.1.1 subnet then fails

the same is for the reverse if i use a host or the router on 192.168.2.x network and try to tracert to a pc on the 33.1.1.x network it goes to the 10.6.1.1 address and fails.

i have confirmed the correct addresses are in the VPN config, i have disabled the firewall on the router and the machines, i have confirmed icmp echo requests are allowed. im not sure whats going wrong here i have read all the support guides and triple checked my config. all is correct so im at a loss here.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dannyshort
  • User
  • User
More
03 May 2017 13:32 #2 by dannyshort
Replied by dannyshort on topic Re: VPN incorrect VLan routing
LAN > Static Route Setup

You need to setup a static route on both routers, to point to each other and include their gateway address and subnet. finally point it to the LAN that the VLAN is on.

• dannyshort
  • User
  • User
More
03 May 2017 13:51 #3 by dannyshort
Replied by dannyshort on topic Re: VPN incorrect VLan routing
Make sure you have used the 'More' option in the LAN to LAN setup, as this is where it gets the routing for VPN