2760n Missing Lots in GUI

• itgeek46
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 May 2017 14:02 #1 by itgeek46
2760n Missing Lots in GUI was created by itgeek46
I will apologize now, as I may be just missing something really simple...

I am trying to setup a VPN as follows;

2760n= (192.168.1.200 - Windows 10 Pro) ISP, with a subnet or my Lab environment 2830n (192.168.2.10 - Server2012R2 Datacentre ), this is working fine, however, I want to be able to VPN onto my subnet from 192.168.1.200. When I access my 2760n to add the relevant information the option for 'dial in settings' is not showing, under 'VPN and Remote Settings' & 'LAN to LAN....

If this is correct, I have the latest firmware on my 2760n router 3.8.2.2_BT (taken from Draytek Website). There appear to be no wizard options available and I have looked through all of GUI and tree list, down the left side of routers options/configurations.

I have downloaded the Draytek Smart VPN and I will run it as L2TP/IPsec, once I can configure both routers correctly.

I would really appreciate some assistance with this, thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
19 May 2017 14:37 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: 2760n Missing Lots in GUI
I don't think the 2760 supports INBOUND VPN :(

It wasn't something I'd spotted in Draytek's advertising, but it's come up in here before.

I just looked at the Router Web Interface Demo @ http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/live-web-demo , and there wasn't any INBOUND VPN support in 3.7.5.2 either.

• itgeek46
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 May 2017 14:48 #3 by itgeek46
Replied by itgeek46 on topic Re: 2760n Missing Lots in GUI
Hi Hornbyp

I found a UTube video that shows the 2760 series with In/Outbound settings - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkQAMx99bbk

The video is from Australia/New Zealand, but I cannot see that being a problem, as this would be a firmware update, 'would it be'?!!!

I will send an email to the Draytek support team and see what I get back....

Thank you for your help and have a great weekend. I will place my sent email and their response here, if I get one :).

Kind regards

Dave

• itgeek46
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 May 2017 15:14 #4 by itgeek46
Replied by itgeek46 on topic Re: 2760n Missing Lots in GUI
This is the message I have sent to Support;
Dear Support

I require some assistance with my Draytek 2760n router, I have placed a support request on the Draytek Forum and I may have hit a brick wall. The question is this....

I am trying to setup a VPN as follows;

2760n= (192.168.1.200 - Windows 10 Pro) ISP, with a subnet or my Lab environment 2830n (192.168.2.10 - Server2012R2 Datacentre ), this is working fine, however, I want to be able to VPN onto my subnet from 192.168.1.200. When I access my 2760n to add the relevant information the option for 'dial in settings' is not showing, under 'VPN and Remote Settings' & 'LAN to LAN....

If this is correct, I have the latest firmware on my 2760n router 3.8.2.2_BT (taken from Draytek Website). There appear to be no wizard options available and I have looked through all of GUI and tree list, down the left side of routers options/configurations.

I have downloaded the Draytek Smart VPN and I will run it as L2TP/IPsec, once I can configure both routers correctly.

I would really appreciate some assistance with this, thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Dave
ITGeek46

I had the following reply;
I don't think the 2760 supports INBOUND VPN :(

It wasn't something I'd spotted in Draytek's advertising, but it's come up in here before.

I just looked at the Router Web Interface Demo @ http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/live-web-demo, and there wasn't any INBOUND VPN support in 3.7.5.2 either.
hornbyp

And I replied with the following;
Hi Hornbyp

I found a UTube video that shows the 2760 series with In/Outbound settings - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkQAMx99bbk

The video is from Australia/New Zealand, but I cannot see that being a problem, as this would be a firmware update, 'would it be'?!!!

I will send an email to the Draytek support team and see what I get back....

Thank you for your help and have a great weekend. I will place my sent email and their response here, if I get one :).

Kind regards

Dave

Can you assist with this, as I want to remote onto the server from 2760n, ISP - 192.168.1.200 to 2830n Subnet - 192.168.2.10, in the same building and be able to remote into my server from anywhere with a reliable/safe connection.

Thank you in advance and I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
19 May 2017 17:27 #5 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: 2760n Missing Lots in GUI
It looks like the Australian version definitely does have VPN INBOUND. The "Web Demo" for the Oz version says:
Code:
"Note : Exact menus and supported features will vary depending on firmware and region. Check with local supplier for latest spec. "

http://www.draytek.com.au/products/xdsl-routers/vigor2760-series/vigor2760n/

vs

http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/soho/vigor-2760#specification

More
23 May 2017 12:29 #6 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2760n Missing Lots in GUI
Incoming VPN was added in some regions where the V2830 is not sold/as popular, but then it looks like the price is much higher,
e.g. AUD279 = £161 vs. £125 (street pricing) in UK though that may be coincidental.

Forum Administrator