• techcareict
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
03 Jul 2017 12:13 #1 by techcareict
IPSEC VPN ove EE 4G ( behind NAT ) was created by techcareict
Hi,
I'm trying to establish a IPSEC LAN-LAN VPN from a remote site to our main LAN, the Remote site has a TPLink MR200 4G router connected to the WAN to of the Draytek 2832n.
The head office has a Draytek 2860n+ connected to a FTTC service.

The problem is i'm using a 4G service at the remote site which is provided by EE (UK), EE use a 10.x.x.x range on their WAN IP behind a NAT server (I presume to save on external IPv4 IP's)

The remote site has a Draytek 2832n and its IPSEC LAN-LAN connection worked fine using a Vodaphone 3G connection but with the EE connection it connects but does not pass any traffic.
I am led to believe this is due to EE providing NAT'd IP's as the external IP and it breaks the IPSEC traffic.

I've heard that configuring an IPSEC VPN connection to connect over UDP (NAT-T) would resolve the problem, Cisco routers can apparently be configured to suit NAT-T but I cant find any details how to configure Draytek routers to do this?

Any help / advice much appreciated.

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• techcareict
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
04 Jul 2017 19:39 #2 by techcareict
Replied by techcareict on topic Re: IPSEC VPN ove EE 4G ( behind NAT )
Update***
I resolved this by setting up SSL VPN and establishing a SSL tunnel
I imported the clients SBS cert to the Trusted CA Certificate section of the 2860 and the 2832, set the SSL VPN port and created SSL VPN profiles.... and bingo!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.