• jmkirk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Aug 2017 13:26 #1 by jmkirk
Lab setup of 5 site LAN to LAN VPNs was created by jmkirk
Hi Forum

I am doing a project commissioning 5 2860's on 4 remote sites and core site via VDSL broadbands. Want to setup beforehand in lab before installing to avoid multiple site visits. I will know the static /30 public IP of each VDSL connection in advance. My idea is to hook all 5 to a switch through the WAN ports in the lab and configure the WAN interfaces of the 2860's with the 5 public IPs then preconfigure and test site to site VPNs in the lab and then flip over to VDSL connections when installing on site. Is this feasible and will it work? Reason for wanting to it this way is sites already have existing (old and mixed vendor) LAN to LAN VPNs and I want to set up new kit in identical LAN configurations to old kit and then just fit and switch over old to new by disconnecting old kit from LAN and connecting new kit.

Thanks for any help advice on offer.

Cheers
Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2017 09:44 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Lab setup of 5 site LAN to LAN VPNs
I'm not sure it would work with a switch as it's not a router, so there's no routing table to tell each of the 'site' routers how to get to each other...no BGP/OSPF etc...

As long as you install the routers on site with remote access enabled (use https with a strong password of course) then you can set up the VPNs remotely.

Forum Administrator

• jmkirk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
02 Sep 2017 21:13 #3 by jmkirk
Replied by jmkirk on topic Re: Lab setup of 5 site LAN to LAN VPNs
Thanks for the advice
Additional reason for setting up in lab is the VPNs are being used for a VoIP phone network with PBX at core site.
I have a layer 3 switch which think I can configure to route between the 5 vigors. Do you think this would work?