DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

SmartVPN VPPP adapter

• ollietait
  • Topic Author
More
30 Nov 2017 13:16 #1 by ollietait
SmartVPN VPPP adapter was created by ollietait
Does anyone else see multiple instances of the SmartVPN client giving error "Can't find VPPP adapter". We see this a lot, one particular install we must have removed and reinstalled about 15 times !

at the point where it gives this error the draytek DraySSLTunnel adapter in network settings shows the ISDN channel adapter as "removed".

Client machines are mostly windows 10 pro, some windows 7 Pro.
Smart VPN version is 4.3.3.3

is there any means of troubleshooting this other than just re-installing with the option to remove the VPPP adapter, then re-installing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
12 Dec 2017 19:25 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: SmartVPN VPPP adapter
Came across this on the Draytek web site...I don't know if you've already seen it, or if it helps ...

What should I do if Smart VPN Client displays error message "Can't find VPPP adapter !!!" when connecting SSL VPN?

https://www.draytek.com/en/faq/faq-vpn/vpn.others/what-should-i-do-if-smart-vpn-client-displays-error-message-cant-find-vppp-adapter/

• gary.lane
  • User
  • User
More
02 Aug 2018 13:38 #3 by gary.lane
Replied by gary.lane on topic Re: SmartVPN VPPP adapter
This is driving me mad. I have installed and re-installed many times and have installed the drivers manually according to the FAQ. Yet I find that I can connect once fine, but subsequent connection attempts fail with this error. A reboot is the only solution which is clearly unsatisfactory. Client is 4.3.4 on Windows 10 Pro and I am trying to establish an SSL tunnel. The setup is correct as I can connect sometimes but not always as above.

Any other ideas?

• ollietait
  • Topic Author
More
26 May 2020 22:51 #4 by ollietait
Replied by ollietait on topic Re: SmartVPN VPPP adapter
Still happens on 5.3.1 client ! :(

• damtechmatt
  • User
  • User
More
08 Jun 2020 08:28 #5 by damtechmatt
Replied by damtechmatt on topic Re: SmartVPN VPPP adapter
We are still seeing this too. 5.3.1

• dansw
  • User
  • User
More
25 Aug 2020 09:06 #6 by dansw
Replied by dansw on topic Re: SmartVPN VPPP adapter
I get this on a particular laptop we have running Windows 10 that was working fine whilst working from home during the pandemic but, since updating our AVG/Avast Business to their cloud based managemet offering, constantly losese the VPPP adapter. Even though I have the firewall turned off, it requires a full uninstall then re-installation of the SmartVPN software. It then works for a while then a couple of reboots later the VPPP adapter can't be found. I'm convinced it is the newer AV update but can't quite prove it at the moment!