• bert.twildge
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
14 Aug 2018 12:09 #1 by bert.twildge
SSL VPN From Linux To 2860 was created by bert.twildge
Hi

I have a 2860 and SSL VPNs work well from remote Windows clients using the DrayTek SSL VPN client. Remote Linux clients can also connect via PPTP and IPSec. I have a remote Raspberry Pi that i would like to have connect to my 2860 via a SSL VPN. SSL VPN is my only option, I can't use PPTP or IPSec for reasons outside of my control on the remote network. Is there a command line way to configure a Linux device to use an SSL VPN to connect to a 2860?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• routintooter
  • User
  • User
More
01 May 2019 11:07 #2 by routintooter
Replied by routintooter on topic Re: SSL VPN From Linux To 2860
Bit of a bump.

Did you (or anyone) ever get SSL VPN from a linux client working?

I'm using Debian Stretch (9.x)

• routintooter
  • User
  • User
More
02 May 2019 08:24 #3 by routintooter
For info:

I sent a query to Draytek UK support and got a speedy (but negative reply).

I can connect from Windows machines to Draytek routers via SSL VPNs fine using the Draytek SmartVPNTool but I cannot find any info on suitable Linux clients or any Linux config information.

1) Are you aware of any such clients?
We are not aware of any 3rd party solutions to accommodate a SSL Teleworker on LinuxOS, however, there might be available solutions.
I'd rather recommend to use openVPN from a Linux machine, but this feature is available on the new router's only.

2) Is there any Draytek documentation on how to configure Linux clients to use SSL VPNs?
We don't currently have such documentation

More
02 May 2019 17:28 #4 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: SSL VPN From Linux To 2860
The SSL VPN tunnel on DrayTek routers is DrayTek specific; there wouldn't be a 3rd party SSL VPN utility for it. It requires a DrayTek specific SSL VPN client for Linux for it to work. I wonder if Wine would be able to work with SSL VPN? I suspect not, but I don't have a linux desktop set up right now to be able to check.
If your router supports OpenVPN, that's a good quick option as I suspect there are linux OpenVPN clients.

I do recommend asking support whether this would be viable for development, since there are DrayTek SSL VPN clients developed for the other major operating systems.

Forum Administrator

• routintooter
  • User
  • User
More
02 May 2019 18:05 #5 by routintooter
Thank you for the info - I may wait until I get a router with OpenVPN support as the l2tp/ipsec seems to work in most cases.