• tim290480
  • User
  • User
More
27 Dec 2018 18:11 #7 by tim290480
Replied by tim290480 on topic Re: OpenVPN on 2862 - when is it coming
Today.

https://www.draytek.com/support/latest-firmwares

I've recently switched from an asus all in one with openvpn client built in.

If anyone can work out how to setup an openvpn client on the draytek please don't keep it to yourself.

It seems to be quite a steep learning curve. :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• steveh00
  • User
  • User
More
06 Jan 2019 15:54 #8 by steveh00
Replied by steveh00 on topic Re: OpenVPN on 2862 - when is it coming
This firmware appears to support OpenVPN as a server, but I can't see any way to set it up as an OpenVPN client. Is that not supported yet?

• paulruk
  • User
  • User
More
10 Jan 2019 10:56 #9 by paulruk
Replied by paulruk on topic Re: OpenVPN on 2862 - when is it coming

putapininthis wrote: OpenVPN has been available for several months on the 3900 and 2960 and promised as coming on other models for even longer.

However I suspect that the delay is because it causes all kinds of performance issues on the current models resulting in instability, as such hopefully the delays is down to them fixing the issues before rolling out on other models.

My 2960 is running the latest firmware but does not have any tabs/references to OpenVPN - how do I get this?

More
10 Jan 2019 13:29 #10 by g6ifs
Replied by g6ifs on topic Re: OpenVPN on 2862 - when is it coming

paulruk wrote:

putapininthis wrote: OpenVPN has been available for several months on the 3900 and 2960 and promised as coming on other models for even longer.

However I suspect that the delay is because it causes all kinds of performance issues on the current models resulting in instability, as such hopefully the delays is down to them fixing the issues before rolling out on other models.

My 2960 is running the latest firmware but does not have any tabs/references to OpenVPN - how do I get this?

Assuming you have version 1.4.1 there should be options under the menu "VPN and Remote Access" then "OpenVPN General Setup" and "Remote Access Control".
Not actually tried using it but there are options for setting it up.

Neil..

• paulruk
  • User
  • User
More
10 Jan 2019 20:04 #11 by paulruk
Replied by paulruk on topic Re: OpenVPN on 2862 - when is it coming

g6ifs wrote:

paulruk wrote:

Assuming you have version 1.4.1 there should be options under the menu "VPN and Remote Access" then "OpenVPN General Setup" and "Remote Access Control".
Not actually tried using it but there are options for setting it up.

Neil..

Thanks Neil - found it!

More
22 Jan 2019 00:07 #12 by mundayac
Replied by mundayac on topic Re: OpenVPN on 2862 - when is it coming
I've just been through the OpenVPN setup process....

Follow the Draytek guide https://www.draytek.com/en/faq/faq-vpn/vpn.host-to-lan/how-to-establish-vpn-connection-to-vigor-router-via-openvpn

Pay particular attention to the active tab in the images. use sensible values for the fields (especially if you have multi-clients/sites).

The only disappointment I found is that as you can only set one Server Certificate (SSL VPN >> General Setup) for all services. So you will no longer get a secure connection via browser (e.g. if you were using a LetEncrypt certificate).

Hopefully this will be available in a future upgrade (a number of the security devices I use allow you to specify the certificate to use per service).

One good thing is that the software Draytek chose for the guide, XCA, is available for Linux, Mac and Microsoft.