IPsec Tunnel

• ian@21ce.co.uk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
23 Mar 2019 20:00 #1 by ian@21ce.co.uk
IPsec Tunnel was created by ian@21ce.co.uk
Can anyone tell me if this is possible, I have a LAN to LAN between our office and client site. the office is 192.168.2.1 and the client is 192.168.1.1

We have a automation control system on the remote site and it uses SDDP (Simple Device Discovery Protocol) to locate new devices that need adding into the system. I want to plug a device into the office and have the automation system locate it. I can set the new device up with a static IP in the 192.168.1.xxx range so the remote automation system on the same subnet can see it but what if anything can I do in the two vigors to make the remote system see and device here in the office and adopt it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
24 Mar 2019 01:28 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: IPsec Tunnel
The answer to these sorts of problem (i.e. Broadcast traffic over a VPN), seems to be to use IGMP or GRE. (There is (usually) a "Enable Multicast over VPN" option in the Lan-Lan profile, but that doesn't seem to do a whole lot)

Neither IGMP nor GRE solved my DLNA problems between a 2830 and a 2860 though. If you're using something newer/fancier, you might be in luck. Alternatively, some kind of SSDP proxy software might exist?

I can't find the original Draytek article I followed :cry:

(This might confirm the problem, if not the solution: https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1869106-udp-broadcast-over-vpn )

• ian@21ce.co.uk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Mar 2019 10:30 #3 by ian@21ce.co.uk
Replied by ian@21ce.co.uk on topic Re: IPsec Tunnel
Thanks for the reply, my network knowledge is limited to basic stuff so a lot of that is over my head. It sounds like the answer is not as simple as I had hoped so I will probably stick to learning these new intercoms in when we are on the clients LAN on Monday. Appreciate the help though :D