DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Is a local device using a VPN?

• akwe-xavante
  • Topic Author
More
03 Jul 2019 18:52 #7 by akwe-xavante
Replied by akwe-xavante on topic Re: Is a local device using a VPN?
Having not knowingly had anybody using a vpn on my network i'm unsure about what the signs are that highlight the issue. Knowing that i have 4 people staying at the cottage two of which undoubtedly will have phones etc i'm gobsmacked that nobody has connected a single device all after what is now 5 days. Kids are online within seconds of walking in through the door normally.

So, i think i perhaps thought that they were using VPN's

The only people i personally know of that use them do so for dodgy reasons.

I am actually starting to think that this family are not connecting devices and going online this week..... Bizarre!

The firmware is up to date and for this first two weeks the router's performed well and has done as expected, this week the third week it is (i believed that) behaving badly and something's wrong, gone wrong or my guests are using VPN's.

I've decide to wait and see what happens next week with a fresh set of guests. I'll be switching of the STB next change over (Saturday next in two days..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• akwe-xavante
  • Topic Author
More
02 Aug 2019 08:43 #8 by akwe-xavante
Replied by akwe-xavante on topic Re: Is a local device using a VPN?
Having been prompted by an email telling that there had been a new post i thought i'd update readers on what has happened.

Router not Faulty at all. Never ever had guests before that have not connected up a single device to the internet at the cottage before!

When Guests changed the following Sarurday all returned to normal, all's working as it should be.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.