DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Is It Possible To Get Windows Authentication after Draytek Client Connects

• sedwardson
  • Topic Author
More
25 Sep 2019 11:54 #1 by sedwardson
I have numerous clients that all have laptops in the field and will occasionally vpn in to the Draytek router using the latest version of the Draytek Client. When they do so, they use cached credentials from when the laptop was first setup and on the LAN, so they are able to access the files required. However, I have now made policy and permission changes which will affect these people but as they don't run a gpupdate at login, they are not getting the new details. I have tried running a batch file with the command when the RasClient connects using the event ID in a scheduled task but this still doesnt update the laptop. I would also like the end users to be able to pick up changes to logon batch files in AD but again, this is not happening due to the lack of communication and authentication. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
26 Sep 2019 00:14 #2 by hornbyp
Assuming you have Domain connectivity via the VPN (DNS etc), the issue seems to be that Group Policy update doesn't run in a timely manner ... ie the client may have disconnected again, before it is actioned.

Some people discussed the issue here:-

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2184450-trigger-immediate-gpupdate-automatically-when-network-changes

It's worth confirming that a GPUpdate does succeed, when run manually. (I just tried it via an SSL VPN connection to an olde-world Vigor 2830 and it worked.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.