DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

DHCP relay over vpn to onboard Vigor server?

• johnsc
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Jul 2020 11:52 #1 by johnsc
I need to have my remote client (10.0.10.0/24) assigned or passed through to an IP address from the HQ LAN subnet (192.168.1.0/24).

HQ does not have a DHCP server behind the 2862 router. Both sites have Vigor 2862 at current firmware and IPSEC/Lan to LAN VPN is established. I can access the HQ dashboard & ping devices on HQ lan and
also 3 subnets. Is there a way to set up the routers to achieve the above request as I can't see a way with my basic knowledge. I don't want to put a server behind the router as this is a one off exercise to avoid a long round trip! I also don't want to disable my access to the HQ (actually rental apartments) router with bad config etc.

thanks for any guidance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
23 Jul 2020 12:54 #2 by hornbyp

johnsc wrote:
I need to have my remote client (10.0.10.0/24) assigned or passed through to an IP address from the HQ LAN subnet (192.168.1.0/24).

You want to have an IP address from the Remote LAN - is that what you're saying :?:

If so, the only way I can think of achieving that, is to configure a "Remote Dial-in User" @ HQ and use VPN client software to establish a direct link to it. It won't be exactly the same as being on the LAN, since broadcast-based software won't work.

But I may have misunderstood the question, all together...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.