DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Cannot ping devices behind routers over IPSec LAN-LAN Tunnel

• trevor3link
  • Topic Author
More
18 Sep 2020 13:12 #1 by trevor3link
Hello,

I hoping someone can assist with an issue I am having. I have 2 DrayTek Vigor 2926 routers at separate offices linked via an IPSec tunnel. The tunnel is established and working, I can ping the internal LAN IP of the routers from either side but I can’t ping any devices sitting behind them.

For example, a laptop plugged in at the satellite office side can ping the LAN IP of the router at the head office site, but nothing past this point. Current config details are as follows;

Head office: Server-side (dial-in)
Internal Address: 192.168.16.*
Gateway Address: 192.168.16.254

Satellite Office: Client-side (dial-out)
Internal Address: 192.168.17.*
Gateway Address: 192.168.17.254

Kind regards

Trevor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2020 14:19 #2 by hornbyp
Does it help if you fill in the "Remote Gateway IP" with the actual IP address of the Vigor at the far end. (I think what you have, is what Draytek recommend. It's not what I have though :wink: )

Could be a routing or firewalling issue...

Does the Routing Table of each Vigor, have an entry saying something like:-
Code:
C~ 192.168.x.254/ 255.255.255.255 is directly connected, VPN-1 S~ 192.168.x.0/ 255.255.255.0 via 192.168.x.254, VPN-1 where x is the 'other' network

What about the clients. Do they just use their Default Gateway setting? ...

Do the clients have any Firewall settings that might prevent access from remote networks?

What does Tracert/Traceroute show? (Client on one network <--> Client on the other)

More
17 Jan 2021 21:19 #3 by noyskie
i have the same problem maybe not sure, i have 1 draytek vigor who is the server vpn and 2 sattelite office as clients, clients can ping server vice versa but client to client cant. is there a fix for this?

Moderators: Sami