DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

LAN2LAN - Ping beyond router only possible for dial-in part

• truthahn
  • Topic Author
More
25 Nov 2020 16:24 #1 by truthahn
Hello,

I am struggling with this "issue" for many days now and I know I am not the only one. Though I don't necessarily think my problem is directly related to other entries in this forum.

Setup is as follows: Vigor 2927 is installed in a data warehouse directly connected to the iNet serving as VPN Dial-In Gateway. Remote location is another Vigor 2927 dialing-out to the DW Vigor in a Lan2LAN setup. Connection comes up just fine and I can reach both Vigors from both subnets. But any resource behind the remote Vigor is not pingable from any DW host. The other way around is not a problem.

I changed the setting using the DW Vigor dialing-out and the problem turns around 180 degrees. I then changed the remote router to a different brand router serving as VPN Server and problem still persists. I don't see any issues in the routing table in any of the routers involved and Firewall settings haven't been changed from factory default. Firmware of Vigors is up to date, I have used the guide to set up the L2L VPN as well as following instructions on the draytek site. I am running out of ideas, so I will be more than glad if any of you pros can point me to any other direction.

Thanks and cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2020 17:33 #2 by hornbyp
Are there any clashes of IP address ranges at each side of the VPN?

Output from 'tracert/traceroute' might be interesting.

Does "Diagnostics >> Route Policy Diagnosis" on the Vigor help?

More
21 Jan 2021 14:01 #3 by noyskie
Can Anyone help me
i set up Three-Sides Communication

1 router with 2 dial in accounts

2 routers in different branches dial out

now the HQ where the VPN Server is can access both and tracert and ping both of them

branch A can do the same can even ping devices behind the router of Branch B

Branch B can ping both routers and some behind the HQ Router Devices but can't ping Branch A Specific IP Address :( its an avaya server

Moderators: Sami