DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2130 - VPN newbie

More
04 Mar 2021 21:57 #1 by ccl2
Vigor 2130 - VPN newbie was created by ccl2
I want to add my old Vigor 2130 to my existing LAN to provide VPN connectivity to 2 x WiFi devices. Can anyone help with my questions please?

1/ Does the 2130 support NordVPN? I can see loads of "how to's", but they all refer to later routers and recent firmware. If so, is there an idiot's guide to configuration (and I really do mean an idiot's guide!)?
2/ I just give the Vigor a static IP from the existing subnet and plug the WAN connection in on Ethernet - simple as that?
3/ I set up pass through for the existing DHCP servers and the 2 x devices will pick up IPv4 addresses?

All and any help appreciated, thanks!

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2021 00:24 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Vigor 2130 - VPN newbie

ccl2 wrote:
1/ Does the 2130 support NordVPN?

No. NordVPN (whoever they are :? ) don't support any of the 2130's VPN protocols :(

Apparently, they dropped support for PPTP and L2TP/IPsec in December 2018 https://nordvpn.com/blog/l2tp-pptp-protocol-update/

I understand why they dropped PPTP, but not L2TP/IPsec (unless your VPN traffic is regularly intercepted by the Chinese government :roll: )

Call me a cynical old fool :lol: , but personally, I'd be much more worried about what happens to my data after it reaches NordVPN :!:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami