DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

is NordVPN to only product of its kind that works with Draytek

• adegotti@yahoo.com
  • Topic Author
More
22 Mar 2021 14:50 #1 by adegotti@yahoo.com
Hi there

I have NordVPN installed as a VPN Tunnel on my router. But I need a back up.

I have searched but couldn't find one. Anyone knows of any other products out there that works with Draytek?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Mar 2021 12:15 #2 by admin
Depends which router you have; several support L2TP and DrayTek now also supports OpenVPN on some models.

Check the Knowledgebase - DrayTek have setyp guides for several commercial VPN services.

Forum Administrator

More
12 May 2021 10:24 #3 by davemg
I use Surfshark as a backup to NORDVPN on my Draytek 2927. Works fine via OpenVPN and IKEv2

More
21 May 2021 07:38 #4 by mgillespie2
I used surfshark, I couldn't figure out how to get openvpn client working on 2862, but IKEv2 Lan2Lan works.

• markvk42
  • User
  • User
More
10 Jul 2021 13:32 #5 by markvk42
Hi First time on here and noticed this thread, i have a 2862 and am trying to get Nord to work on it. Ive managed to establish a connection but i cant get any data to flow down it, all the data is gstill going via my isp. does anyone know what im doing wrong?

• inspectorman
  • User
  • User
More
12 Jul 2021 11:52 #6 by inspectorman
It was not the easiest of things to set up. Between the Draytek guide and the NordVPN guide I managed to get it working; if you need screenshots of a working 2862/NordVPN installation email me at junk at inspectorman.org.

Be aware that several sites get non-cooperative when they know you are connected by VPN. Simple enough to reach into the VPN panel and flick it off for a short time.