Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Help with setting up all traffic redirection to VPN tunnel

• cogito
  • Topic Author
More
25 Jun 2021 10:07 #1 by cogito
Hi all

Would be grateful for some help please.

I currently have two locations, one acting as the HQ (fixed IP, using 2952) and the other a sub office (dynamic IP, using 2962). I have set up a LAN to LAN successfully, and able to see the local IPs at the HQ from the sub office.

I completed the set up using this process: https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-lantolan-ipsec

But I notice that all the internet traffic to external sites from the sub office are still going out via the sub office WAN. I want to redirect all internet traffic from the sub office to go through the VPN tunnel so that it shows that I am going through HQ WAN when I access the internet. This is needed so IP whitelisted services that is being used will be accessible from the sub office, which is using a dynamic IP (not upgradeable to static IP).

I found an article from Draytek on using the Routing option (cannot find that same article again), which instructed setting up a Routing rule in the sub office. But when I do that, I can't seem to get internet access at all. Can someone help point me in the direction?

Thanks
Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2021 00:14 #2 by mgillespie2
I had a similar problem on a 2862 with firmware 3.9.5 and 3.9.6, got fixed in 3.9.6.1

• cogito
  • Topic Author
More
26 Jun 2021 07:32 #3 by cogito
I am using that firmware version on both the routers. Did you have do any changes to your config after the firmware upgrade? Also for your routing rule, did you have to set it for both routers or only the sub office? The instructions I followed were only for the sub office.