DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Smart VPN clinet Open VPN option missing

More
02 Aug 2021 20:33 #1 by 3com3
I am using EE 4G sim on my 2620Ln and getting a dynamic IP address. Therefore I cannot do remote management via the web. The only option is to make VPN using VPN matcher. I followed this link to set up VPN matcher. https://draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-openvpn-host-to-lan-vpn-matcher. Under step 5 of this article shows how to set up a Smart VPN client and add a profile, there is no option available to use an open VPN. I downloaded and installed open VPN software and reinstalled Smart VPN version 5.5.0 but no joy. Please help if anyone has tested it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2021 23:46 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Smart VPN clinet Open VPN option missing
There is a cryptic remark in the Release Notes for V5.4.1 (the latest version of SmartVPN on Draytek.co.uk). It says:-

Known Issues
1. SmartVPN Client may stop responding when performing a long-term performance test with an SSL VPN tunnel connected through a wireless network connection
2. Configuration & Usage of OpenVPN tunnels requires the OpenVPN Windows client software to be installed on the computer
3. Windows XP does not support User level account operation

In other words, it seems SmartVPN just configures OpenVPN - in the same way that it configures L2TP/Ipsec. (SmartVPN makes an exception for SSL VPNs and does ship the required software, to implement it)

More
10 Aug 2021 22:38 #3 by aquatecgroup
Replied by aquatecgroup on topic Re: Smart VPN clinet Open VPN option missing
Hi, I have also just bought the 2620Ln router and am using o2.

I would also like to connect to the router remotely and I have also come across the issue of not having the OpenVPN option under the Type option within the latest version of DrayTek Smart VPN Client (5.5.0). I have also tried version 5.2.0 with no success.

I have OpenVPN Connect installed, but this does not seem to make a difference.

As anyone managed to get this working?

Thanks

Anand

Moderators: Sami