DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VPN Connected but asking Add more routing

More
22 Oct 2021 01:50 #1 by dimco
Hi,

We have a 2860 in our office, we need to have some users to access the server via VPN, using SSL, it is very straight forward because even I managed to connect using the Draytek Client.

The problem I have is once connected, it read :
The local subnet and the remote subnet will interrupt each other, press OK to ass server IP into route to ensure connection is correct.

I have no idea what I am suppose to add to the 'Add more routing ' table , the one with 5 columns of Destination and Subnet Mask

My office router IP is 192.168.0.254 Server IP 192.168.0.100

The remote user router IP is 192.168.0.1 and PC IP is 192.168.0.55

Once its connected without the Add more routing, I can't connect by server name, but can connect using server IP as in 192.168.0.100 to show all shared drives.

Could someone please help as to what I should be adding to the routing table to make the correct connection ?

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
22 Oct 2021 03:14 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: VPN Connected but asking Add more routing

dimco wrote:
Once its connected without the Add more routing, I can't connect by server name, but can connect using server IP as in 192.168.0.100 to show all shared drives.

Could someone please help as to what I should be adding to the routing table to make the correct connection ?

This is the terse version of my first response - which the forum software threw away when I pressed "Submit". It's not done that for ages :evil:

I'm astonished you can access the Server at all, given that both networks have the same (192.168.0.0/24) address ...

The problem you're left with, isn't a Routing problem though - it's a 'Name Resolution' issue. Presumably, it's currently relying on the NetBios Browser mechanisms, that always were notoriously bad at working across network segments. About 25 years ago, Microsoft came up with WINS Server to get round this - otherwise you had to manually edit the LMHOSTS file...

New for Windows 2000 :wink: was support for DNS which is the defacto means of solving the problem these days.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.