DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Wireguard VPN - Can't get router external IP

• netmannbo
  • Topic Author
More
29 Jan 2022 14:09 #1 by netmannbo
Hello,

I've a Vigor 3910, I started to play with the Wireguard new VPN feature and the VPN connection works and I can access to my router and all the devices within my LAN, but the issues start when I try to navigate the external websites. In fact when I am outside of my LAN the IP that my device has is the one of my normal device connection (i.e. my 4g mobile carrier) and not the VPN ip (i.e. the router external ip address).

Maybe I need to apply some routing/NAT rule? I've tried to add a route policy where I told the router to use my WAN interface if the traffic comes from a certain IP (the local fixed IP that I assigned to my remote dial-in user) but that doesn't work at all :(

Can somebody point me to the right direction? Any help will be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
02 Feb 2022 13:41 #2 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: Wireguard VPN - Can't get router external IP
I'd love to try it but the QR code thing didnt work for me from IOS to QR.

Edit: So OK I got this working, RTFM ! And yes there does appear to be some sort of issue on a basic setup as per instructions on their website, internal LAN stuff is great and fast, but websites etc seem not to be the case.
I'll play around some more.

Further edit: IOS seems to have the issue for me (this is the setup I tried first). Installing WG client on a windows 10 laptop and it all works fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.